Friday, July 07, 2006

a variety of thoughts today

Firstly, I've noticed that my hit count has increased and I wanted to thank you all for visiting my blog and reading my notes :) It feels good to know my life is not as boring as it feels to me sometimes ;) Leave me a note in the comments and tell me who you are!

Larisa went to the doctor afterall yesterday and she is having an allergic reaction to the sting afterall. What a bummer! She's on benadryl and has been napping from the medicine.

I put away the crib and I'm decorating Miguel's room. I have some leftover paints and I think I'm going to make some designs on his walls to make it more boyish.

I have my mind on the people of Guatemala and of the things we take for granted in the US of A, like reading and writing. THe level of illiteracy in Guatemala is so staggering, and my little boy who is only 2 is already learning letters and loves to read. WHat a privilege for me it is to provide him with an education that he likely would not have had, what an enormous responsibility we all have to appreciate our "rights" and use it not only for our benefit but for those also who need it so critically. So here comes the quote of the day:

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

~Attributed to both Andy McIntyre and Derek Bok

No comments: