Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What to do with a 2 year old....

while you are homeschooling? That is the question of the century at this point. I'm gathering a list so if you have any ideas send them my way. This is what I have so far.

Playdoh
Paper and crayons
Safety scissors and paper
Beads and boxes
Poker chips and boxes
Boxes to play in
Sesame Street
Sand Box
Kitchen sink

I've done a schedule for Gabi and Larisa and will do one for Miguel also as we really need to be much more organized and I also want to have some one of one with him to teach him letters. He really is such a very smart little boy and I know he would love to learn them, he learned colors all by himself.

The Red Sox lost last night :P

We have a list of 5 things to return to the library and it appears we lost one, at least it's a magazine so it won't be a costly one.

Last Saturday when Pat and I had our date we went to the Bath and Body shop in the mall and I found out they have a special line of products for girls from American Girls so I told Gabi I will be taking her there on a special date just the 2 of us this weekend. She was so excited :) My little girl turning into a big girl and then a teen. YOu should see how beautiful she dances and how much time she spends practicing her dance moves.

I quote from a piece given to me on the importance of priorities:

"Pat attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There always will be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria,
I have a few ideas for you. Shaving cream on a cookie sheet or just the table is great. Miguel could just play in it or it is great for the foam bath letters. Fill a big tub with rice or dryied beans and hide plastic letters or small toys in it for a treasure chest. Stencils to trace things.
I enjoy your blog.
CindiK

Anonymous said...

My address is cawkellum@aol.com
Cindi