Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Had a great birthday!

It was relaxed but so much fun! I received a phone call cancelling our dental appts because the hygienist had a baby, on my birthday lucky kid ;) , so we got dressed and went to pick up the dogs. The Vet assistant brought Boo and Sam out and proceeded to tell me what a gorgeous Boxer Sam is. Yes Iknow this, I love the dog, he is truly not only good looking but also a gem of a dog. Best behaved canine we've ever had. Then they brought Patty out, to whom I gave a stern warning about pooping in cars! We went home and I swear Sam must've held his breath the whole weekend waiting for us because he let out the longest sigh ever as I sat in the car and started driving home. He just melted against me and took in his loving like a good dog should. Every time I spoke to him he would look at me as if he had sudden understanding of everything I said and he needed to pay attention, he had me in stitches the whole way home.

Later Gabi got 100% on her math work and was rewarded with a new toy. She got a turtle that swims in the water and so we made our way to the pool. Miguel has been really struggling with being in the water but somehow I got the idea of using floaties and he was unsure at first but then he got the hang of them and started coming to me and kicking his legs and arms to move himself, this is a humongous move for him. Larisa who learned to jump into the water while we were in Vegas spent most of her time well, jumping into the water, LOL. She is doing so good and you can see her fear is going away, I'm so proud of her, she seems to have a turned a corner.

Later I decided to lay on the sofa with Miguel to read some (hey it's my birthday I get to relax right?) and the 2 of us took like a 1.5 hour nap. That is a luxury I don't have often. We then were invited to dinner at La Huerta's which is our favorite Mexican food haunt and had a great time, the waiter, Gregorio, who is from Guatemala and I so love to have around, brought me desert which was some type of fried pastry with honey and cinnamon spread on top. Can you say calories?

So that was my day, it was a great birthday!

Quote of the day:

May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.
~Irish Blessing

What am I reading?

Tomb of the Golden Bird
by Elizabeth Peters

I love her stuff it's a new Amelia Peabody mystery.

No comments: