Saturday, May 27, 2006

Saturday

Today is day 2 of the yard sale. Wish me better luck this time. I'm still hoping for a big turn out and lot's of things to go.

I have to go and set up a new sign because someone ripped out one of the signs I had done, arghhh... I have an appt at 10 to paint my hair and we have a baptism this afternoon.

Last night the girls went to a game and we got to go eat just the 2 of us with Miguel and it was fun, it felt weird to be honest but it was nice to get to pay attention to only one child and have a pretty uninterrupted conversation.

I'm almost done with the book of Enrique's journey and I'm devastated, what a terrible injustice it is to be poor in Central America, that people will choose a trip that they have such a great posibility of death, maimming and rape among other things is just heartbreaking to me.

Quote of the day:

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia

Almost 6 am, time to get busy again :)

No comments: